4.25.2010

two of us, flipping through a thrift store magazine.

it seems to me, as i look back on my recent posts, that i write about recommendations and wants and desires and, it's just terribly greedy of me. plus, who has the money to obtain all of these things that i need oh so badly? i am really not such a superficial brand-yielding fashionista, not that there is anything wrong with that - but i really can't justify it. i am a huge lover of the Salvation Army, Value Village, and all of my local thrift stores. plus, i frequent H&M and Forever 21 frequently. i have splurged on a few items in my day but, i also have a keen eye for treasures amid junk. such as my 3.1 phillip lim dress that i found in a consignment store the other day. i am guessing it is about 3 years old, maybe worn once, and it fits like phillip himself made it just for me. plus it's a size 2.. and i never fit into a size 2! can you say confidence booster? the reason for this post is to assure readers that i don't want to put so much emphasis on what is new and trendy, but instead, what you feel good in, what you find when you aren't looking, and what doesn't cost you your entire year's salary. look in your parent's closets.. an old tee that your dad has worn out may look fab with a body con skirt and some mocassins. i always admire my grandma's style. she doesn't treat herself to shopping very often, and wears blouses and a-line skirts that she has had in her wardrobe for years, even decades. but she always looks polished and classy, and hasn't spent very much money doing so.



here is to looking chic, on the cheap!

2 comments:

  1. Good article. And, I think I might know that gramma of yours. Judy concurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26.4.10

    Yeah, baby!

    Bridie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails