4.16.2010

TRENDING UPDATES A LA WHOWHATWEAR.COM


(Clockwise from Top L):

1. ROUND SUNNIES - I own a pair of round Chanel shades (as seen on the Olsen's) but there are cheaper options. I just ordered a pair of circular frames from Urban Outfitters in the $5 or less sale (thank you BryanBoy!)... and they are easy to find at Forever21 or your local thrift shop.

2. WOODEN PLATFORMS AVEC DARK COLOURED TIGHTS - Two of my favorite pieces paired together = love. I have quite a few pairs of wooden platforms, mainly by Aldo & Betsey Johnson. Alexa Chung (pictured) wore her dark nylons with platforms by Marni (F/W '08). Any wooden platforms are acceptable, but clogs (see post below) are the shoe of choice for summer 2010.


3. BOUDOIR JACKET WITH JEANS AND SIMPLE T-SHIRT - Love this. I just acquired a lacy/crinoline floor length robe at a vintage clothing store in Victoria.. thought I could (potentially) wear it with jean cut-offs in the summer with a simple tank or white tee. I love the bedwear/streetwear crossover, and think that wearing a silk robe over a simple dress is chic. Avoid wearing the robe you put on immediately after a shower.. or the flannel pj's you received as a christmas present. But otherwise, get wild and try something new! You never know what the feedback will be.

4. FEMININE PIECES IN OLIVE GREEN TONES - VOGUE did a spread on it (in march), and the runways were filled with it (s/s' 10): military-inspired styling. I do enjoy some of the pieces i saw, but as who what wear writes, "that doesn't mean you have to interpret this trend uber-literally." Sometimes trying out the military trend results in a more masculine, heavy look. They have pictured this feminine dress by Chloe, but I like Topshop Boutique's Cashmere Dress. long, comfortable, sofe and slinky! and speaking of which, TOPSHOP NOW SHIPS TO CANADA! kgbksjfhskdfjshdk! I know what I am going to spend my bonus on...


5. STYLE HAIR IN A HIGH-UP TOPKNOT - Although this is my favorite suggestion out of the 6 styling tips, i can no longer do my hair in a buddha-bun due to its short length . It's such an easy way to get hair out of your face, plus - pulling your mop back actually thins your face. who what wear suggests using gel by bumble and bumble, but i prefer leaving a bun au naturel, letting wisps and imperfections happen.

6. TRANSITION FROM DARK DENIM TO MID-BLUE HUES - Fairly self-explanitory. Try a demim button-up (H & M has a bunch) under a leather jacket. I, for one, can't wait to start wearing my denim cut-offs & fringy moccasins. Spring is here, folks!

photos courtesy of http://www.whowhatwear.com/ & therantingsofashopaholic.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails